If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are a simple option. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the tooth. They look very natural and can fix several dental issues.
Veneers can help:
Veneers can be a great option if you have any of the following needs:
- Teeth are stained and cannot be whitened by bleaching
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Uneven spaces or large gap between teeth
Veneers provide a natural tooth appearance and generally don’t require as much shaping as crowns do, yet they are stronger and look better.
Types of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers.
Your dentist will determine the best choice of material for you. You will tell your dentist the result that you are trying to achieve. During this appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth to make sure they are right for you and discuss the procedure and some of its limits. They may take X-rays and possibly make impressions of your mouth and teeth.
What are the Risks?
- The process cannot be undone.
- Your teeth may become more sensitive to hot and cold foods and drinks.
- The color cannot be altered once it’s in place.
- People who clench and grind their teeth are poor candidates, as this can cause the veneers to crack or chip.
Even if you get veneers it is still important to keep your teeth and gums clean by brushing and flossing each day. You can still get cavities under or around veneers. A healthy and aesthetically pleasing smile can be so important for confidence and self-esteem. We are pleased to help you with a variety of cosmetic dental procedures. If you have any questions please contact our office.